Top 20 Under 40 annually profiles 20 area young professionals who are growing and excelling in their respective fields. Connect is asking community members to consider nominating young professionals that are active in their workplace and in the community. Ideal candidates are individuals who demonstrate leadership and professional growth, while making the Norfolk area a better place in which to live.
Companies or individuals are allowed to nominate more than one person.
Only fully completed nomination forms will be considered. Send application to ConnectNorfolk@gmail.com
Attach a letter of recommendation
- Nominees must be under 40 years of age as of April 1st, 2023.
- Nominees must be residents and employees in Madison County or Pierce County.
- Must not have been a previous 20 Under 40 honoree. (Click here to see past winners)
The 20 under 40 judges use the following criteria to evaluate each nominee, awarding a maximum of 75 points to a potential winner.
- Career achievement to-date (25 points)
- Leadership within company and/or industry (15 points)
- Involvement in community activities (20 points)
- Leadership incommunity organizations (15 points)
An anonymous selection committee will meet and review the nominations to determine the 20 recipients.
December 2: Nomination deadline
December 12: Committee meets to select Top 20
December 16: Honorees are notified
January 6: Honorees final details confirmed
Winners will be publicly announced in the 2023 Spring/Summer Norfolk Now magazine.